Avery Sporting Dog presents:
"Duck Dog Basics Combo Pack" DVD's
with CHRIS AKIN - Professional Dog Trainer
This 3 set DVD will teach you everything from picking a puppy to advanced training!
Duck Dog Basics
Socialization, Laying the Foundation
• Picking a Puppy & Pedigree
• Akin's Answers - What to do with my puppy?
• Fun Bumpers - "Hup Hups", retrieves on land
• Akin's Answers - What do I do with my puppy when I come home?
• Introduction to Water
• Introduction to Covers & Decoys
• Introduction to Birds
• Akin's Answers - Puppy Teeth?
• Introduction to Kennel
• Akin's Answers - When should formal training begin?
Formal Training - Obedience & Collar Conditioning
• Introduction to Formal training
• Formal Training - Tools
• Formal Traiing - Obedience
• Putting on Checkcord
• Sit/Stay & Here
• Sit/Stay & Here with a more advanced dog
• E-Collar conditioning
• Putting on E-Collar
• Heel & Here
• Introduction to Gunfire
Force Fetch - Fetch, Hold and Leave
• Introduction to Force Fetch
• Teaching Force Fetch
• Akin's Answers - Can I continue to throw retrieves during Force Fetch?
• Force Fetch with a more advanced dog
• Force Fetch from the ground
• Walking Fetch
Formal Marking - Steady to Singles & Doubles
• Introduction to Formal Marking
• Steady - Singles & Doubles
• Diversions - with a less advanced dog
• Akin's Answers -Socialize to your hunting environment
• Adding Distance
• Adding Birds
• Adding the Gun
• Akin's Answers - Making exceptions with friends and family
• Adding Water
• Akin's Answers - Teaching your dog his place
• Steadying - From the duck blind
• Akin's Answers - Taking the right steps on your pup's first few hunts.
• Steadying - From the pit
• Akin's Answers - Pup's first Hunt
• Good Luck!
Do yourself a favor, save yourself a headache later! Everyone knows that a well trained dog is worth having around! And, a poorly trained dog is hardly worth having around! This DVD will get you there!
Chris Akin was born and raised a duck hunter in Arkansas. He has over 30 years experiance hunting and training DUCK DOGS! He knows his stuff and can get you and your dog in the right place for top performance this season.